Iran ‘ends’ its operation against Israel, but says it is ready to act

Iran has ended its operation against Israel, but is ready for further action if necessary, announced Mohammad Bagheri, chief of staff of the Iranian armed forces. 'The operation, from our point of view, is complete. But the armed forces are ready and will act if necessary,' said Mr. Bagheri, quoted by the Iranian public channel Press TV. He added that the operation had been carried out 'successfully'. The chief of staff warned that Iran would give a "proportionate response" if Israel decided to attack "Iranian interests, officials and civilians." The Iranian operation was dubbed 'Honest Promise' in the media. On the evening of April 13, Iran launched drones and missiles toward Israel, calling the operation a response to "numerous crimes," including the Israeli attack on the Iranian consulate in Damascus, the capital. Syrian. Iranian state media said the strikes targeted Israeli military installations. The IDF says it intercepted 99% of the approximately 300 Iranian projectiles, however the Nevatim air bas e was slightly damaged. No Israelis were killed or injured. Source: Burkina Information Agency